Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year

Hi Everyone, wishing you all a happy & healthy new Year and may all your wishes and aims for 2014 come true. December is always my most favourite baking month, with all the lovely Pre-Christmas bakes. And as every year, I was looking forward to bake my favourite things as well as try new recipes. Unfortunately we all got struck down by this annoying flu bug and I didn't get the chance in making half the things I planned. Well I am sure my husband and extended Family and Friends were secretly relieved they didn't have to face the temptation ;)
Anyhow, I still managed to make a 50th Birthday Cake for my friends husband - who's a Leeds Utd Supporter, for the 21st December. I must admit, I really enjoyed making the Shield and to figure out how to write LUFC onto it without a pen (it was already 9pm at night)! Icing Sugar, Blue food colouring and a good old fashioned tooth pick worked very well!
I made a 10'' Square Madeira sponge and filled the layers with Mascarpone & White Chocolate Icing, topped the cake with a bit of Apricot glaze to hold the Roll Out Icing. I cut the snowflakes out of light blue coloured icing and sprayed them then with some Silver Shimmer Spray. Overall I was quite happy with the result.


and for the kids I made a few chocolate cupcakes, which my girls helped me decorate.


Hope you all had a few lovely Festive Days. Wishing you all Happy Baking in 2014 - and remember 'Life's what you bake it' :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sly wir wünschen euch ein schönes neues Jahr. Deinen Geburtstag habe ich leider vergessen ich hoffe du hattest einen schönen Tag müssen dringend nochmal telefonieren. Liebe Grüße Ute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich nochmal Deine Torte sieht Klasse aus, das Icing würde ich auch gerne mal probieren ;-)

    ReplyDelete